Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jennifer Hudson shows off her skinny body in ‘No One Gonna Love You’


      Jennifer Hudson’s Weight-Loss Attitude


While plenty of people are criticizing Jennifer Hudson for saying “I’m prouder of my weight loss than my Oscar!”, we couldn’t be more proud.
The 29-year-old American Idol contestant and Oscar-winning singer recently lost 80 pounds for herself—not others—as she reports in the September issue of Self.
I didn’t even know I was considered plus-sized until I came to Hollywood. I thought I was the perfect size!
But when an interviewer asked her how it felt to be plus-sized in Hollywood, the star said she “looked around, like, Who is she talking to? Oh, me? I’m plus-sized? In the neighborhood I’m from in Chicago, a 16 is normal. But in Hollywood, everyone looks exactly the same, so I stood out.”
Even though we aren’t excited by the fact that Hudson now reportedly wears a size zero (because health is not all about a number and a size zero may be too extreme), we love that she values her health more than her career. Reaching a personal goal that makes us feel awesome (physically and otherwise) is definitely more important in our books than attaining a goal simply for external accolades or a golden trophy.

     It’s respectable that Hudson is coming out with that message. Being healthy is ultimately more important than anything else in life, including a career. I’ll even go so far as to say it’s more important than spending time with family and friends. Because, what I’ve learned is, if I don’t feel good about myself, I’m definitely not someone others want to be around. And the best way to feel better about myself is to be healthy. Maybe that’s just me, but somehow I don’t think so. I just know that the days when I’ve had a really great kick-ass workout, when I eat nutritiously, when I meditate and when I’ve slept well, I am a better, nicer person. I’m more positive, more outgoing and more energetic. And I feel confident, beautiful, strong and powerful like I’m ready to take on the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment