Monday, November 21, 2011

7 Fashion Trends I Wish Would Never Go Out of Style



Trends we love.

Trends come and trends go but there are certain pieces  that seem to stand the test of decades (and others that I hope will!). Last week I shared my opinion on the worst fashion trends, and today I'm sharing the best. Always good to end on a positive note, right? Keep reading to see 7 of my favorite trends - plus where to get the look! 

Frye Riding Boots


Frye Riding Boots

1. Riding Boots
 
Throw a well-made pair of riding boots on your feet, and your outfit is instantly stylish. They've been in style since the '50s too! 
Find these Frye boots at Shoes.com for $388 

blazer

blazer

2.
Shrunken Blazers 
Menswear might not be in fashion forever, but I'm hoping these sharp, shrunken blazers stick around. They add an instant layer of refined sophistication. 
Find this blazer at J.Crew for $188 



Stripes


Stripes

3. Stripes
 
I might eat my words on this at a later time but I think preppy stripes are here to stay. They're casual, chic and the color combinations are endless. 
Find this sweater at Madewell for $88 


Bright pieces.

Bright pieces.

4. Bright Colors 
I'm still a bit hesitant to throw together a brightly colored outfit, but when I do my mood is instantly lifted and energized. Stick around, bright, beautiful colors! You make the world a happier place. 
Find these bright pieces at J.Crew 


Chunky sweaters

Chunky sweaters

5. Chunky Knit Cardigan 
I'm in favor of anything comfy and still stylish, so naturally a soft, chunky cardigan fits that description. This is exactly what I want to pull on over a t-shirt every. Single. Day. 
Find this one here at Zara for $49.90 


Ballet flats

Ballet flats

6. Ballet Flats 
I think Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy would both agree that investing in a great pair of black ballet flats might be the single best thing you can do for your wardrobe (and your feet!). 
Find this pair at Zara for $29.90 


Bag

Bag

7. Buttery Leather Satchel 
I can't see this ever going out of style. It can be everything from a diaper bag to a laptop work bag (or both if it's big enough!). Buttery brown leather, you're the best thing to happen to the fashion world since denim!

No comments:

Post a Comment