Friday, March 8, 2013

DIDO IS BACK!

Dido is Back! Girl who got away
Dido is back!  The Mega Successful English singer-songwriter released the highly anticipated “Girl Who Got Away” early this month!  Already climbing up the international iTune charts, Dido is on track for a fantastic 2013!


Where did Dido go?  What has this wonderful singer been doing?

Dido: “I haven’t been in front of another human being for 5 years…Time does seem to sort of slip away. There’s been so much else going on in my life. I got married, then I got pregnant and wanted to hang out with my family, a lot of amazing stuff.  I have just been enjoying being me and having a family.”

Dido now has a 2-year-old son named Stanley with British screenwriter Rohan Gavin.


Why did Dido come up of retirement?

Dido: “I don’t know a life without music. I don’t really know a day without music…I see the world in songs.”


Did the birth of her son impact her latest album Girl Who Got Away?

No, because he wasn’t born yet.  However, young Stanley was in the womb while Dido was recording Girl Who Got Away.

Dido: “I recorded a lot of my vocals while I was pregnant. When I was singing Girl Who Got Away in the studio, Stanley was kicking so hard, it felt like he could hear it. What’s crazy is that song always calms him down. If he’s screaming in the night, I just sing it and he stops and listens.”


How does Dido feel about motherhood?
Elated!

Dido: “Stanley’s two and recently it’s been a lot of fun, ‘cause he loves music, he loves drumming, he loves joining in band rehearsals, he’s just so excited. It’s so nice seeing it through someone else’s eyes, a proper, fresh perspective.”

Cheers to a successful return!  We are glad to see Dido back on the international music scene!  Here is the lead single Freedom (Lyrics Below)!




Language Learning Section
This week some more music to expand your Karaoke repertoire!
To help remember the words, listen to the song once or twice to get a feeling for it.
Now listen again and fill in the blanks with the missing word or words you hear.  Some blanks are missing one word but others are missing more than one word.
Just to let you know, the words that are missing are key words/ideas from the song.  Also, the missing words are high frequency words (answer transcript below).  Enjoy!


DIDO
"No Freedom" Lyrics

Take it by ________.
That I'm free ________.
By the ________ I can tell
You don't think I'll be back for more

Try to think of the world
Where you could ________ and these safe hands could ________
Take your heart above the ________.
Wherever I choose to go

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
________

Even when you don't ________
Even when you don't _________
I'll be ________ low below the ________
And you'll ________all out here

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
________

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
________

Standing here in ­­­­________
The ________ in front of me
Holding you in ­­­________
And seeing as _________

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
__________
__________








Answer Transcript
DIDO
"No Freedom" Lyrics

Take it by your silence
That I'm free to walk out the door
By the look in your eyes I can tell
You don't think I'll be back for more

Try to think of the world
Where you could stay and these safe hands could go
Take your heart above the water
Wherever I choose to go

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No freedom without love

Even when you don't see me
Even when you don't hear
I'll be flying low below the sun
And you'll feel it all out here

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No freedom without love

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No freedom without love

Standing here in silence
The world in front of me
Holding you in my hand
And seeing as you'd see

No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No love without freedom
No freedom without love
No freedom without love




Have a great week and to all the women out there, HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!
International wemon's day






Connect with ALEX here or at
Celebrity English Facebook
Celebrity English Myspace
Celebrity English Twitter
Google Plus
Celebrity English Linkedin

Always happy to meet new people! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment